There are a few items you will need to get started, nothing too complicated.
1. The kit you purchased with seed, soil, and trays
2. A spray bottle filled with water.
3. An empty cup, preferably lightweight. This will be used for seeding, and many different tools can be used for this. Some people enjoy using empty spice shakers, various scoops etc. We find it easiest to start with a cup, then find your favorite way to seed.
4. A decent sized book. This will be used for tamping down and leveling the soil before seeding. This should be a book you don't mind getting a little soil on, which will be dry and can be simply wiped off. Any larger sized, flat item is fine as long as it can fit within the width of the tray.
5. A rimmed baking sheet that can hold the tray.
6. A watering can or a sink sprayer to soak the soil completely and evenly.